AWARDS/ nomination/ official selection
- Künstlerhaus Bethanien, Berlin. Residency one year.
- Cycle Music and Art Festival, Iceland. Residency artist.
- Art in public space, winner of competition for art in public space at Reykjavik port, Iceland. Sculpture installation with social engagement. Competition by Associated Icelandic Ports in collaboration with Association of Icelandic artists.
- Cinedoc Tbilisi, Georgia. Nomination for best documentary.
- Millenium FF Brussels.Nomination for best documentary in ´World´s Workers´ category.
- Péchuers du Monde, film festival in France. Nomination for best documentary.
- DV cultural award, Iceland. Nomination in category film art.
- Edda, Icelandic Academy Awards, Nomination for best documentary film.
- Shortlisted for art in public space project for Faroe Islands new hospital building. Competion by Landsverk Faroe Islands and Rosan Bosch architects studio.
- Lübeck Film Festival Official selection. Nomination for Best Nordic Documentary.
- Warsaw Film Festival Official selection. Nomination best Feature Documentary (A-level festival).
- Nordisk Panorama Official selection for competition best Nordic documentary with the Keep Frozen.
- Main award from audience for Keep Frozen documentary at Skjaldborg film festival, Iceland.
- Visions du Réel- Regard Neuf. Official selection for competition with the Keep Frozen documentary.
- Grosses Treffen, participant invitation only. Nordic embassies, Berlin. Curator: Solvej Helweg Ovesen.
- Madatac video festival, Spain. Nominated for Best artistic video.
- Nordisk Forum at Nordisk Panorama Forum. Special invitation of the Icelandic Film Center.
- Supermarket, artist-run art fair, Stockholm, Sweden. Curated participation.
- Reindeerland Video Art festival, Iceland. Nominated for Best Icelandic video.
- Cultural Award of DV for best Icelandic film in 2008 (Jury prize).
- Expresión en Corto International Film Festival, Mexico. Nomination for Best short documentary.
- PENNINN award for emerging artists in Iceland.
- Edda, Icelandic Academy Awards for best documentary film.
- Silver Fox for best documentary at Reykjavik Short and Docs (Jury prize).
- Audience award for best documentary and Skjaldborg film festival, Iceland.
- Nordisk Panorama, Malmö, Sweden. Nomination for 'Nordic documentary Award'.
- Lübeck Film Festival, Nomination for Best Nordic Documentary.
- VoD Keep Frozen in Austria, Germany and Switzerland. Nordlichter: www.nordlichter-film.de/
- DVD Keep Frozen with German and English subtitles. Nordlichter: www.nordlichter-film.de/
- May - Keep Frozen. Art-practice-as-research. The Artist ́s View.
Book publication, 96 pages, 164 illustrations, 4 dust jackets. Essays by Bryndís Snæbjörnsdottir/Mark Wilson, Jonatan Habib Engqvist, Berit Schuck/Hulda Rós Gudnadottir, Sigrídur Melrós Ólafsdottir and Valur Antonsson. In English, designed by Anja Lutz. Distributor: Torpedo Press, Oslo. Publisher: De-Construkt, New York. Funded by by Nordic Culture Point and Iceland Visual Arts fund.
- D19 Hops Hopsi by Hulda Rós Guðnadóttir / 2011. 20th Jan - 27th Feb 2011.
Published by Reykjavik Art Museum on RAM Vimeo site. https://vimeo.com/album/1507784. Series of videos.
- Hops Hopsi: Hulda Rós Guðnadóttir (editors) Fotini Lazaridou-Hatzigoga and Carson Chan. PROGRAM – initiative for art and architecture collaborations. ISBN 978-3-00-030922-9. Catalogue.
- The Cornershop. DVD publication. Distributor Kimi Records. Icelandic Film Center.
- ‘Befitting, befogging, beguiling and bethinking’ in The Provincialists (essay p. 67). The Faroe Islands Art Museum. Faroe islands, Denmark. ISBN: 978-99918-987-4-2. Selection of essays.
- Jan. 9th Morgunbladid – Icelandic morning print paper culture section. Interview.
- Dec. 2nd artzine online art magazine 'All Is Full of Love: A Preview of the Solo Exhibition of Hulda Rós Gudnadóttir at Künstlerhaus Bethanien'. Journalist: Craniv Boyd.
- Sept.15 Berlin Art Link.
- Juli 23rd Berliner Zeitung Feuilleton, page 23 'Schluss mit putzig. Künstler aus Island entdecken soziale und politische Konflikte als Sujets ihrer Arbeit.´ Journalist: Gunnar Lützow.
- Oct 28th artzine online art magazine 'Tíðir, reki, grip, frjósemi og skjól eru hugtök sem snerta vinningstilögu að nýju útilsitaverki á hafnarsvæðinu'. Article and interview about the winning art work in the competition of Associated Icelandic Ports.
- Dec 2nd 20:10 Deutschlandradio Kultur, ´Feature am Freitag´. 'Hulda und die Hafenarbeiter von Reykjavik - Gentrifizierung auf Isländisch'. One hour radio show at , broadcasted nationwide in Germany by journalist Wiebke Keuneke. She show won Goldenen Columbus Radiopreis 2017 of German radio journalist association.
- May 29th Cinematiciceland on facebook. Keep Frozen film review in French.
- May 25th Alvarpid, podcast Iceland. 'Thetta gæti gerst út í geimi'. Artist Ingibjörg Magnadóttir and radio show host Melkorka Huldudóttir discuss the documentary Keep Frozen.
- May 23rd artzine online art magazine. 'Keep Frozen eftir Huldu Rós Guðnadóttur í Bíó Paradís' in
Article about the film Keep Frozen on the occasion of puclic cinema screenings in Reykjavik.
- May 19th Grapevine, Iceland. 'Keep Frozen': Tote that Barge! Lift that Bale!' By Mark Asch
- May 17th National Broadcasting Service Iceland, culture radio show Vidsjá. 'Heimildamyndin Keep Frozen var valin besta mynd hátíðarinnar af áhrofendum á Skjaldborgarhátíðinni sem er nýafstaðin', Dagur Gunnarsson.
- March Icelandic art center blog. 'An interview with Hulda Rós Guðnadóttir on art' by Kristína Aðalsteinsdóttir.
- Jan. 28 Icelandic art center blog. 'Hulda Rós Gudnadóttir. Keep Frozen part three in Leipzig'. Press release.
- January To be updated Various newspapers and radio show in Iceland
- Berlin Art Link (online listing)
- Bpigs (online listing)
- Sept. Association of Icelandic Artists website. News. Press release. 'Keep Frozen. Art-practice-as-research. The Artis´s view.'
- March-May To be updated. Radio, TV, newspapers in Iceland about Keep Frozen part two installation.
- Sept. 12th 'The Oracle' in Icelandic Art Center blog.
- Sept. 'The Oracle' in Dare magazine blog.
- Sept. 3rd 'He could eye a reindeer many kilometers away'. Endemi. Magazine on Visual Arts in Iceland.
- June 5th DNA Info New York 'Icelandic Artist Explores Uncertain Future of Red Hook Waterfront' by Nikhita Venugopal.
- June – July Various media coverage in Germany for the dottirDOTTIR project. Print and online.
-Süddeutsche Zeitung. 19/20 June
- Zitty Berlin July issue
- Der Zeit Magazine July issue
- Vogue 19.06
- KalinkaKalinka 18.06
- NextGuruNow 12.06
- V, Sugarhigh 16.07
- Der Tagesspiegel 05.07 etc.
- Feb. 11th Morgunbladid, daily print newspaper Iceland. ´Þegar hjól sirkussins fara að snúast á ný´ ****1/2, art review by Thora Thorisdóttir.
- Feb. 5th Kunstforum online. Image report by Tanja Thorjussen. Hops Hopsi exhibition at Reykjavik Art Museum.
- Feb. NEON magazine 'Island geht baden' Interview by Annabel Dillig inside a longer article.
Various media coverage in Iceland for the DIONYSIA residency and The Cornershop documentary. Print, radio, TV. Also art review on the solo-exhibiton at Sequences in the daily culture newspaper.
- July/August Icelandic Art News (Center for Icelandic Art.) Image in an article about Sequences.
- Sequences Art Festival. Promotional image of the festival.
- May/Jun - Berlinische Galerie, Berlin, Germany. 12 x 12 program. Curator: Anne Bitterwolf.
- May - Thoka gallery at Reykjavik Art Festival, curator: Aldís Snorradóttir.
- June - De-Construkt projects, Brooklyn, NYC. Director: Laura Arena.
- January - Reykjavik Art Museum, Reykjavik, Iceland, Part of Gallery D, exhibition series, 10-channel-video installation. Curated by Yean Fee Quay.
- May - Claus Lehmann Atalier Linienstrasse, Berlin. Part of Neue Klasse Deutshland series.
- Jan/Feb - PROGRAM – initiative for art and architecture collaborations, Berlin, Germany. 10-channel-video installation. Curated/Produced by Fotini Lazaridou-Hatzigoga and co-director Carson Chan.
GRANTS AND RECOGNITION
- Icelandic Visual Art Fund for exhibition making in 2019.
- The Visual artists Salaries Iceland. The Icelandic Ministry of Culture. 18 months. Highest honour.
- Center of Icelandic Art, residency grant for residency stay at Künstlerhaus Bethanien in 2018.
- Reykjavik city culture council, for residency stay at Künstlerhaus Bethanien in 2018.
- 'Fullveldisssjodur' grant for solo exhibition at Verksmidjan á Hjalteyri, Iceland in 2018.
- OPSTART Nordic Culture Fund, for preparation meeting in Copenhagen in 2018.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs Iceland for residency stay at Künstlerhaus Bethanien in 2018
- Icelandic Visual Art Fund for residency stay at Künstlerhaus Bethanien in 2018
- The Association of Icelandic Visual Artists. Muggur, residency/travel grant
- Icelandic Visual Art Copyright Association travel grant
- The Visual artists Salaries Iceland. The Icelandic Ministry of Culture. 6 months.
- Icelandic Visual Arts Fund for Keep Frozen exhibition in Leipzig and Reykjavik in 2016.
- Nordic Culture Point for Keep Frozen Projects.
- Nordic Culture Fund for Keep Frozen Projects.
- Icelandic Visual Art Copyright Association project grant for Keep Frozen book publication.
- Goethe travel grant for lecture trip to Marrakesh, Morocco.
- Icelandic Art Center, travel grant for lecture trip to Sofia, Bulgaria.
- Icelandic Film Center production grant for Keep Frozen the film.
- Nordic Culture Point publication award for Keep Frozen the book.
- Icelandic Visual Arts Fund publication award for Keep Frozen the book.
- Icelandic Art Center travel grant.
- Muggur, residency/travel grant from The Association of Icelandic Visual Artists.
- Nordic Culture Point Mobility Grant.
- Nordic Culture Fund, project grant for dottirDOTTIR pop-up in Berlin.
- Script writing grant. Icelandic Film Center.
- Sept - Nordisk Forum at Nordisk Panorama Forum. Special invitation of the Icelandic Film Center.
- Summer Nova – Northern Video Art Network.
- February - Supermarket Art Fair. Participant.
- The Visual artists’ Stipend Fund. The Icelandic Government.
- Stiftung Kunstfonds, Bonn, Germany. Exhibition grant for "Hops Hopsi" at PROGRAM, Berlin.
- The Visual artists Salaries Iceland. The Icelandic Ministry of Culture.
- Icelandic Visual Art Copyright Association project grant.
- Muggur, residency grant from The Association of Icelandic Visual Artists.
- The Visual artists’ Stipend Fund. The Icelandic Government.
art/ film RELATED ASSIGNMENTS AND INDEPENDENT PROJECTS
- dottrDOTTIR ltd, culture/art/film production company, manager and founder (since 2000),
- Film co-producer of documentary films The Cornershop, The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie and Keep Frozen. Since 2006
- www.whiterabbitonline.org, co-founder and video journalist at the video magazine (since 2014).
- Feb. Edda, Icelandic Academy Awards, member of Jury for shortlisting films for best documentary.
- Feb. - Iceland University of the Arts Outside discutant for MA graduation projects.
- Oct. 21 - 'Der Essay film sichtbares Denken', symposium in collaboration with Denkerie and fsk cinema in Berlin. Director Heiner Mühlenbrock. Curator: Kathrin Becker.
- July - New York University Berlin campus. Studio visits MA students.
- Feb - Iceland University of the Arts. Studio visits MA students
- Nov. DOK Leipzig - DOK Exchange, speaker.
- Sept. Respondant at workshop Crypto-Colony at Cycle Festival Reykjavik.
- March - Docudays Kiyv, Ukraine. Member of Jury for Docu/Life program of creative documentary.
- January - Symposium at Kunstkraftwerk, Leipzig.
- February - Symposium at Iceland Academy of the Arts, Reykjavik.
- January - Symposium at Kunstkraftwerk, Leipzig.
- Project manager, co-curator and founder of Keep Frozen Projects, a program in Leipzig and Reykjavik consisting of symposium, solo exhibitions and presentations of artists. Theme artist view on art- practice-as-research.
- Promofest, Madrid, Spain. Selection for 'Short of the year' competition with 'Material Puffin'
- November - Presentation of Keep Frozen Project at Trading Zones at Le18, Marrakesh, Morocco.
- September - Book launch at ProQm during Berlin Art Week.
- June 17'th - Presentation at Doma Art Festival, Sofia, Bulgaria.
- April - Grosses Treffen, participant invitation only. Nordic embassies, Berlin. Curator: Solvej Helweg Ovesen.
- June - Waterfront Museum, Brooklyn, NYC. Artist talk and screening.
- EDDA Icelandic Academy Awards, member of jury for selecting the shortlist of doc nominations.
2007 - 2012
- DIONYSIA international cross-genre residency in Iceland, manager and founder.
- dottirDOTTIR – Iceland/Greenland/Faroes pops up in Berlin, art director. Berlin Fashion Week 2012.
- September - Nordisk Forum at Nordisk Panorama Forum. Special invitation of the Icelandic Film Center.
- February - Supermarket, artist-run art fair, Stockholm, Sweden. Curated participation.
- March - FAMU, Prague, Czech Republic. Directors talk about The Cornershop documentary.
- December - Icelandic Film and TV Academy. Directors talk about The Cornershop documentary.
GROUP EXHIBITIONS& Screenings
- Nov.23–Jan 27' 19 'Based on a True Story' at MeetFactory, Prague. Curator: Eva Riebová.
- Dec. 15–22 'Line of Light' at Serendipity Art Festival, Panaji, Goa, India. Curated by Serendipity Arts Foundation.
- Oct 23 - Studio Olafur Eliasson kitchen in the Marshall house, Reykjavik. Curator: Christine Werner
- July FSK programmkino, Berlin, Germany. Keep Frozen documentary.
- May 26th 'Cryptopian States' Curated by Jonatan Habib Engqvist, Gudny Gudmundsdottir and Sara Öldudóttir at the residency of the Icelandic ambassador to Berlin as part of Cycle Music and Art Festival.
- Sept. SKALA programmkino, Lüneburg, Germany. Keep Frozen documentary.
- May Kino am Raschplatz, Hannover, Germany. Keep Frozen documentary.
- March Docudays, Kiyv, Ukraine. Official selection. Doc Ice category.
- Dec Brotfabrik, Berlin. Berlin premier of Keep Frozen the documentary.
- Nov DOK Leipzig, official selection 'International programme'.
- May Bío Paradís, theatrical release in this art-house cinema in Reykjavík, Iceland.
- May Skjaldborg film festival Reykjavík, Iceland.
- April Visions du Réel, Nyon, Switzerland.
- Sept. Nordisk Panorama, Malmö, Sweden. Retrospective Program with The Cornershop and with a video at an art film program at Malmö Konsthall. Curated by Kristin Scheving.
- August - Cycle, Kopavogur, Iceland. Supported by Creative Europe. Curator: Gudny Gudmundsdottir. Cycle was nominated for best visual art event in Iceland for year 2015.
- May - DOMA International Art Festival, Sofia, Bulgaria. Curator: Voin de Voin.
- May 20 - Jun - Festival OODAAQ, Rennes, France.
- September 28th - Night Soil at Baby's All Right, Brooklyn, NYC. Hosted by Bunny Cross and Melanie Bonajo.
- July 29/May - Dresden Public Art View. Dresden. Germany.
- March, 2-14 - Oslo Screen Festival, Oslo, Norway.
- Dec, 10-16 - Madatac 04. Madrid, Spain. Official Selection for Competition.
- Nov, 7-12 - Instants Video. 50 Years of Video Art. Marseille, France.
- November 2nd - Nact und Nebel, Open Studios Berlin Neukölln, Germany.
Oct/Nov - Reindeerland Video Art Festival, Egilsstadir, Iceland.
- art:screen fest. Vetlanda Museum, Sweden. Invitation by curator Kristin Scheving.
- Sept/Oct - The Oracle. Curated by Melissa Steckbauer and Mathilde ter Heijne, ff, at The Wand, Berlin.
- August - Transartfest, Berlin. Curator Ming Turner.
- June - Waterfront Museum, Brooklyn, NYC. Invitation by director.
- Feb/April - Mind (curated by Juha van Ingen) at Papa Gyro Nights Art Festival, UK and Hong Kong.
- January - Globians Doc Fest, Berlin, Germany Invitation by organisers.
- December 1'st - Manisensations: performative even-ritualisation at Leap, Karl Liebnechtstrasse, Berlin.
- October - Örebro art Screen, Stockholm, Sweden. Curator Kristin Scheving.
- Belgrad Art Fair, Belgrad, Serbia. Curator Juha van Ingen.
- Humanity Explored. Online Film Festival.
- June - Nanoplex at Night of Festivals, UK. Curated by ArtReach. Funded by Arts Council England.
- April - Aavi Festival, Helsinki, Finland.
- March - International Video Exchange, Tromsö, Norway.
- Reindeerland Video Art Festival, Egilsstadir, Iceland.
- Feb - Galerie Suvi Lehtinen, Berlin. Germany.
- September - Reykjavik Dance Festival – Dance Film Festival: video installation.
- October - Nordland Art Festival – Nordic Music Festival in Lodz, Poland.
- September - Icelandic Cultural Festival, Nordic House, Helsinki, Finland.
- Bíó Paradís Cinemateque, Reykjavík, Iceland. Opening programme.
- September 3'rd- YOU ARE HERE: Berlin – Tokyo. Launch at VACANT, Tokyo, Japan. Curator: Nine Yamamoto.
- May/July - EXKURS - Isländische Kunst in außergewöhnlichen Zeiten, Felleshus, Nordic Embassies in Berlin, Curated by Markús Thór Andrésson.
- March - Reindeerland Video Art festival, Egilstadir, Iceland. Shortlisted for Best Icelandic video.
- The Scandinavia House. The American-Scandinavian Foundation. NYC.
- Minneapolis/St. Paul International Film Festival, Minneapolis, USA.
- Expresión en Corto International Film Festival, Mexico, Official selection.
- Thessoloniki International Film Festival, Greece. A-level film festival. Official selection.
- FAMU, Prague, Czech Republic, for students.
- Göteborg International Film Festival, Gothenburg, Sweden. A-level film festival. Official selection.
- YLE, Finland and Icelandic National Broadcasting Service. TV-screening pucrchase.
- Nordic Film Days, Lubeck, Germany. Official selection.
- Uppsala International Short Film Festival, Sweden. Official selection.
- Nordisk Panorama, 5 cities film festival, Malmö, Sweden. Official selection.
- Short and Docs, Reykjavík – Winner of the best documentary.
- Háskólabíó cinema in Reykjavik. Public regular screenings.
- Skjaldborg Icelandic documentary film festival - Audience award.
- Graduation exhibition from Icelandic Academy of the Arts, Reykjavík, Iceland.
- Grand Narrative at Galerie Bergstub'l. Curated by Carrie Roseland at BootLab, Berlin, Germany.
Gallery Signe Vad, Copenhagen, Denmark. Curated by Lina Björn.
- B.A. Visual Art, Icelandic University of the Arts, Reykjavik, Iceland.
- M.A. Design for interactive media, Landsdown Centre for electronic arts, middlesex University, London.
- B.A. Social Anthropology, University of Iceland.
journalistic work art / film
- September Artzine.is 'Jaðar ímyndunaraflsins'. Article about Savvy Contemporary exhibition Berlin.
- July Artzine.is 'Plánetugarðurinn í rækt eða órækt' Article about Manifesta 12, Palermo.
- March Artzine.is 'Visual Arts Experiement wins the Berlinale'
- Feb. Morgunblaðið, daily morning paper, Iceland, print. Film critic of Berlinale Silver Bear winner 2018, other winning films and the festival politics. Icelandic.
- Feb. Frettabladid daily afternoon paper Iceland, online section. Film critic of Berlinale winner of the Silver Bear 2018 Touch Me Not and main actor Tómas Lemarquis. Icelandic
- Alvarpið, culture podcast Iceland. Contribution about European film market and women directors at Berlinale film festival 2018. Icelandic.
- National Broadcasting Service Iceland (RUV), culture section national radio. Radioshow 'Lestin'. Contribution about the work of the Otolith Group and WIFT meeting at Berlinale film festival 2018. Icelandic. (not available on the internet).
- artzine online magazine. 'The diverse positions of curator Solvej Helweg Ovesen'. Interview with the Berlin based curator.
- Jan. artzine, online magazine. 'Verðlaunalistamaðurinn Guðný Guðmundsdóttir' Interview with the Berlin based artist. Icelandic.
- Sept. artzine, online magazine 'Þriggja ára ferðalag að hefjast'. Article about Cycle art and music festival Iceland. Icelandic.
- Jan. artzine online magazine 'What is outside the circle of friends'. Interview with Sveinn Fannar Johannsson, then in residency at Künstlerhaus Bethanien.
- Nov., artzine, online magazine. 'Tekist á við frelsið' Interview with Berlin based artist Erla Haraldsdóttir.